This notice describes how counseling and personal information about you may be used and disclosed and how you may obtain access to this information. Please review this notice carefully. Hardwired4LIFE, Inc is committed to protect the privacy of their members and the confidentiality of the personal information entrusted to them. The policies and procedures below detail specifically how your private information is handled. Please take the time to review them and feel free to ask the Private Policy Coordinator any questions you may have.
A. The Type of Information Hardwired4LIFE Collects:
- Our servers may also automatically collect information about you, your online behavior and your computer, mobile or other device. The information collected may include, without limitation, the make, model, settings, specifications (e.g., CPU speed, connection speed, browser type, operating system, device identifier) and geographic location of you and/or your computer, mobile or other device, as well as date/time stamp, IP address, pages visited, time of visits, content viewed, ads viewed, the site(s), application(s), destination(s), and/or service(s) you arrived from, and other clickstream data.
- If you choose to access, visit and/or use any third party social networking service(s) that may be integrated with Hardwired4LIFE, we may receive personally identifiable information and other information about you and your computer, mobile or other device that you have made available to those services, including information about your contacts on those services. For example, some social networking services allow you to push content from our Blog Site to your contacts or to pull information about your contacts so you can connect with them on or through Hardwired4LIFE. Your decision to use a social networking service in connection with our Blog is voluntary. However, you should make sure you are comfortable with the information your third party social networking services may make available to our Blog by visiting those services’ privacy policies and/or modifying your privacy settings directly with those services. We reserve the right to use, transfer, assign, sell, share, and provide access to all personally identifiable information and other information about you and your computer, mobile or other device that we receive through third-party social networking services in the same ways described in this Agreement as all of your other information.
B. Cookies Policy—What is a Cookie?
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a ”device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
- Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalized services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the online-therapy.com features. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
C. How Hardwired4LIFE Uses and Shares Information About You:
- We use personally identifiable information you supply through Hardwired4LIFE to provide you with the service, information, notification, and/or professional advice that you have requested. For example, if you submit a concern for Dr T to consider for Thursdays with Dr T, then we may use your e-mail address to send you a confirmation notice. Similarly, if you wish to be a Guest Author, we will use this information to notify you if you have been selected. We may also use the information to communicate with you about new features, products or services, and/or to improve the services that we offer by tailoring them to your needs.
- We reserve the right to access, use, and share with others your personally identifiable information for purposes of health, safety and other matters in the public interest. Personal counseling and health information may be disclosed to the proper authorities to report intent to harm self or others, deaths, certain infectious diseases, occupational injuries, and diseases, child abuse/neglect, elder abuse, domestic violence, problems with medications and other products as required by law to prevent/control disease, injury or disability to the client or to others.
- We may also provide access to our database in order to cooperate with official investigations or legal proceedings initiated by governmental and/or law enforcement officials, as well as private parties, including, for example, in response to subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, or other legal process.
- We reserve the right to use, transfer, sell, and share aggregated, anonymous data about our users as a group for any lawful business purpose, such as analyzing usage trends and seeking compatible advertisers, sponsors, clients and customers.
- In addition, as our business changes, we may buy or sell various assets. In the event all or a portion of the assets owned or controlled by us, our parent or any subsidiary or affiliated entity are sold, assigned, transferred or acquired by another company, the information from and/or about Hardwired4LIFE users may be among the transferred assets.
D. Local Device Storage and other Tracking Technologies:
- Hardwired4LIFE may place and/or store code or other types of information and/or devices (e.g., “cookies”) on your computer, mobile or other device (“Local Device Storage”). We may use Local Device Storage for any lawful business purpose, including without limitation to determine which of our messages have been opened by recipients so we can gauge the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, to control the display of ads, to track usage patterns, the movements of individual users, and your geographic location, to help diagnose problems with our servers, to gather broad demographic information, to analyze trends, to conduct research, to deliver editorial content, to record registration and personalization information, and to otherwise administer the Blog. For example, if you register on any part of Hardwired4LIFE and are given the option to save your user name and password, we may provide this convenience to you via Local Device Storage. Local Device Storage may also collect and store your personally identifiable information, which may be shared with our parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates and other companies.
- If you do not want Local Device Storage, your computer, mobile or other device may include an option that allows you to not accept it. However, if you disable Local Device Storage, some portions of the Service may not function properly.
- In addition to Local Device Storage, we may use web beacons, web bugs, clear gifs, and similar technologies (collectively, together with Local Device Storage, the “Tracking Technologies”). We use Tracking Technologies for all or some of the same lawful business purposes we describe above for use of Local Device Storage.
E. How to Opt-Out of Third Party Tracking Technologies:
F. Transfer of Information:
G. SSL Secure Blog site:
All pages on our website that handle sensitive/personal information are SSL encrypted for maximum security. This includes readers’ comments, surveys, e-mail, personal accounts and (in the future) payment pages.
H. Information Security and Notification:
- Because no data transmission is completely secure, and no system of physical or electronic security is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of the information you send to us or the security of our servers, networks or databases, and by using Hardwired4LIFE you agree to assume all risk in connection with the information sent to us or collected by us when you access, visit and/or use the Blog, including without limitation your personally identifiable information or other Registration Information, and we are not responsible for any loss of such information or the consequences thereof.
- Moreover, if you elect to store information, such as your personally identifiable information or other Registration Information, where others may access it, we are not responsible for any loss of such information or the consequences thereof. If you lose a computer, mobile or other device, or it is stolen, that contains your personally identifiable information or other Registration Information, it is up to you to take all the steps necessary to protect yourself.
- In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you. If notification is appropriate, we may notify you via your computer, mobile or other device.
I. Kids and Parents:
- Hardwired4LIFE is not intended for use by children, especially those under age 13. No one under age 13 is allowed to register for the Blog or provide any personally identifiable information or use our social, community and public discussion areas, photo and video galleries, bulletin boards, forums, chats, blogs, personal/job search and other classified ads, and elsewhere. Minors between the ages of 13 and 17, inclusive, must get the permission of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before participating on the Blog.
- If your children disclose information about themselves in publicly accessible areas of Hardwired4LIFE, they may get unsolicited messages from other parties. Accordingly, you should tell them not to do so.
J. Notice to California Customers – Your Privacy Rights:
PO Box 965
Howe, TX 75459
Make sure to include enough information for us to help you, including for example your name, contact information, and the specific site or application you’re contacting us about.
For communications on other matters, please contact us through the means described on Hardwired4LIFE.